This 1 day course is developed to build upon the students basic shooting skills. After a brief review and refresher, the course advances to improve the officers core technical skills while enhancing their tactical pistol skills. Winning mindset is ingrained through constant range applications. Movement techniques, shooting while moving, and proper utilization of cover will also be introduced. This course is designed for the police officer who wishes to advance their basic skills.
Topics covered :
- Failure Drills
- Shooting Positions
- Use of Cover/Barricades
- Shooting While Moving
- 500 Rounds. 9mm (9×19) is the minimum service caliber for this course.
- Minimum 4 high-capacity (12+ round) magazines or 6 low-capacity (7-8 round) magazines
- Magazine pouch
- Clear wraparound ballistic eye protection
- Ear protection (Electronic Preferred)
- Knee and elbow pads strongly recommended
- No pancake, cross-draw or appendix-carry holsters