This class is the knowledge base of handgun shooting ad is a great foundation to further learning. At DAVAD we often work with shooters that want to achieve a higher level of performance and may need some correction with technique. Going back to the fundamentals and getting a refresher course will result in an improved shooting performance.
If you are new to shooting or have recently completed /are planning to get your Illinois Concealed Carry License then this is a good place to start and learn the correct and safe way to shoot a handgun well. Students will learn the safe way to operate a handgun and a large part of this class will focus on actual physical gun handling skills, how to move and handle loaded handguns.
- Correct and safe draw from the holster
- The importance of the correct grip and how to establish it when drawing the handgun
- Stance and the body’s natural point of aim principle
- Sight alignment techniques
- Trigger control techniques
- Manipulation and (un)loading techniques
- Mastering the fundamentals
This class will count toward your Illinois Concealed Carry License if you choose to apply for one.
- Suitable handgun
- At least 2 magazines
- Appropriate holster
- 300 rounds of ammunition (minimum)
- Eye and ear protection
- Weather appropriate clothing
If you do not have a handgun for this class, we can offer a selection of handguns for rental.